About This Book
After completing Excel Basic Skills: Reading and Comprehension Years 1–2 your child will have improved their reading and comprehension skills, and will be prepared for more advanced work at primary school level.
In this book your child will find:
- a step-by-step learning approach
- a review of basic reading and comprehension skills
- a wide variety of activities
- many different text-types to read and analyse
- a lift-out answer section
Comprehension of text involves bringing meaning to written (and spoken) language. It is more than the reading of printed words. The meaning of words, their context in which they exist along with punctuation and writing style all contribute to the comprehension of a specific piece of text. By experiencing a range of text types the child is more able to find the meaning in a given text.
This book uses a range of text types so that the student will feel confident in a variety of situations. Text types are usually broken into two broad types. Within each group are numerous varieties - some are listed below:
- literary texts which include narratives (novels/stories), poetry and drama scripts
- factual texts which include explanations, expositions, information reports, recounts and procedures
Author: Alan Horsfield
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Publication Edition Date:
- 280 mm (h) x 200 mm (w)
- Alan Horsfield
- SUB BRAND:
- Excel Basic Skills
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Did you see our Home and Lifestyle collection?
A few handpicked quality product collection. Elegant cups and saucer sets. Beautiful ceramic bottles. Carbonsteel umbrellas. Check it out now!Home & Lifestyle