About This Book
Blake's Science Guide is a vital reference for primary school students in Years 3–6 who want a basic understanding of the recently released Australian Science Curriculum. It helps students develop their knowledge and understanding about scientific methods and how it can be applied to test ideas relating to the natural world.
The book is divided into three curriculum strands:
1. Science Inquiry Skills: Covers how to evaluate and investigate ideas and claims by developing evidence-based conclusions.
2. Science Understanding: Covers key content in the four major science strands: Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth and Space Sciences and Physical Sciences.
3. Science as a Human Endeavour: Explores the nature and development of science and scientists as well as the use and influence of science.
More specifically, this guide contains:
- Sections on each key aspect of the Australian primary science curriculum
- Examples for each new concept
- Opportunities to practise science investigation with the 'TRY THIS' sections
- Guidelines for developing and testing hypothesis for scientific ideas
- Ideas on how science can provide a reliable base for making decisions, generalising and making predictions
- A comprehensive glossary for all major terms
- A detailed index for locating specific terms
- Answers to the TRY THIS sections.
Each topic contains simple descriptions of concepts with examples and TRY THIS activities for students to test their understanding. The book includes curriculum correlation charts, an index, glossary and answers for all of the TRY THIS activities.
Author: Donna Bennett
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- Publication Edition Date:
- 250 mm (h) x 180 mm (w)
- Blake's Guides
- Donna Bennett
- Reference Books
- Science & Technology
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.